I did, however, manage to score an entire bag of super fresh basil in Giant supermarket a couple of weeks back. Ooh the flavour was mind blowing.
Although I have tried pesto pasta and pesto chicken before in restaurants, making your pesto is way better! I was a bit skeptical if TH would like it but he actually loved the pesto pasta I made with it.
A fresh basil pesto recipe with basil leaves, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Perfect to add to pasta!
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 to 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or mixie jar
- Pulse until combined and keep grinding to desired consistency
- Refrigerate up to 4 days or so tastes best fresh!
You can replace pine nuts in basil pesto with walnuts, cashew nuts, or any other nuts you have in hand.
Pictures in this post taken in the home made light box for food photography.