I did, however, manage to score an entire bag of super fresh basil in Giant supermarket a couple of weeks back. Ooh the flavour was mind blowing.
Although I have tried pesto pasta and pesto chicken before in restaurants, making your pesto is way better! I was a bit skeptical if TH would like it but he actually loved the pesto pasta I made with it.
Fresh Basil Pesto Recipe
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 to 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or mixie jar
- Pulse until combined and keep grinding to desired consistency
- Refrigerate up to 4 days or so tastes best fresh!
Pictures in this post taken in the home made light box for food photography.