Vegetable spring rolls are a classic Indo-Chinese Recipe that is served in restaurants and coffee shops. A spiced up vegetable mixture is rolled into a spring roll casing and either deep fried or baked to get a crunchy, delicious, and addictive snack or appetizer (below pic updated on Dec 9th, ’13). If you want to make baked vegetable spring rolls instead of fried, that’s quite easy too. Please check notes below.
This Vegetable Spring Roll recipe has been in my drafts for the longest time. I had a few people email me asking me for the recipe for spring rolls and that’s when I realised how long its been since I made them. In fact, after marriage, though I have tried many other snacks, spring rolls never featured anywhere. If you want to make a quick and easy snack with a twist, try this spring roll dosa recipe.
- Mixed vegetables - 2 cups, chopped long or shredded (carrot, beans, cabbage, peas, corn, capsicum, etc)
- Onions - ½ cup, sliced
- Ginger garlic paste - 1 tsp
- Soya sauce - 1 tbsp
- Chopped green chillies - 1
- Salt and pepper - to taste
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Heat the oil in a pan and fry the onions until transparent and pink.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for another minute.
- Next, add the vegetables and green chillies, sprinkle some water and cook closed until soft, yet crunchy.
- Turn heat to high and add the soya sauce. Mix well for a minute on high.
- Lower heat. Mix in salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and set aside to cool.