Along with 6 people came a carton of mangoes, my favourite fruit. Although we were eating them as fast as they ripen, we were still left with a lot of mangoes that needed finishing up, a problem I was most happy with. There are so many different things you can make with ripe mangoes, like mango cheesecake, vegan mango cake, mango lassi, and even mango ice-cream milkshake.
So we made mango milkshake every day for 4 days and had it in the evenings. I had some overripe avocados which we threw into the mango milkshake one day and it turned out delicious.
Mango Avocado Milkshake Recipe
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 10 minutes
Yields 4-6 glasses
2 of ripe mangoes
1 of ripe avocado
2 cups of milk
2 cups of water (adjust according to consistency desired)
Sugar of as needed
A pinch of salt
A few drops of vanilla essence (optional but recommended)
How to make Mango Avocado Milkshake:
1. Chop up the mangoes and the avocado. Keep all other ingredients handy and get your blender out.
2. Blend the mangoes and avocado into a smooth paste with no lumps. It will be super thick. Now add the milk and water and blend until well combined. You can adjust the water as needed. We added quite a bit because the avocados make the milkshake extra rich and thick. You can use just milk if that’s what you prefer.
3. Once you get a uniform mixture, add the sugar, salt, and vanilla and blend some more. Chill and serve.
– the avocado gives the mango milkshake a greenish tinge
– if you want just plane jane mango milkshake, then omit the avocado
– we used full cream milk but you can also use low fat milk
– adjust the sugar level after checking how sweet the mangoes are. the ones we used were bland so we had to add about 3 tbsp of sugar for this quantity of milkshake