That’s why these brownies are so ideal when you want a fuss-free, easy and yummy snack. The ingredients are most probably lurking in your pantry already and you need less than 20 mins to whip them up before sticking it into the oven.
Basic Chocolate Brownie Recipe with Cocoa Powder
Makes about 12 large squares
1/2 cup unsalted butter (doesn’t have to be room temp, isn’t that awesome?)
1 cup regular white sugar
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup unsweetened baking cocoa powder
1/2 cup all purpose flour
1/4 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
How to make Chocolate Brownies:
1. Preheat oven to 350F / 180. Grease a 9″ square (or round, who will know) pan.
2. Heat the butter on low flame until just melted (use the microwave or stovetop works just fine too). Stir in the sugar and vanilla.
3. Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the cocoa; beat well until well blended.
4. Finally, add the flour, baking powder and salt; beat well.
5. Pour the batter into the prepared pan. Bake for 35-40 minutes or until brownies begin to pull away from the pan sides.