Vegetable burger recipe: learn how to make vegetarian burger at home with a simple vegetable patty, burger buns, vegetables, and some mayo or any other sauce you have in hand. Step by step vegetable burger recipe follows.
Before you start reading this vegetable burger recipe, I admit that a vegetable burger doesn’t replace a quick Indian snack recipe but it sure hits the spot on some days. Read on to learn our story.TH: “I miss the Mc Aloo Tikki and Paneer Burgers in McDonalds back home. Here, there’s no way for us to get vegetarian burgers unless we ask them to remove the patty and eat the burger bun with cheese and lettuce. Damn!”
Nags: “Ok don’t fuss. I will make you a burger at home. It’s not that hard.”
TH: “Ah! Ok, tell me what all stuff we need for it”
Nags: Here’s the list of things we need to serve 2 people.
Vegetable Burger Recipe
- 4 burger buns
- 2 cups of baby greens or lettuce
- 4 cheese slices or shredded cheddar cheese
- 2 tbsp mayo any kind
- Half an onion cut into rings
- One tomato sliced into circles
For the patties:
- 1 large potato
- 1 onion
- 1 carrot
- 10 French beans
- 1/4 cup green peas
- 1/4 cup sweet corn
- 2 green chillies or 1 tsp red chilli powder
- Fresh coriander leaves
- 1 tsp jeera / cumin seeds
- 1 tsp masala powder or garam masala any kind
- 6 tbsp oil to shallow fry
For the French fries:
- 2 large potatoes
- Oil to deep fry
- First, boil all the vegetables, except onion, until soft. Pressure cooking them or boiling them should do the trick. Make sure you cook the potatoes separately.
- Mash up the potato real nice.
- Cut the other vegetables into tiny pieces.
- Mix in salt, cumin seeds, green chillies/red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves and the masala powder.
- Shape into large patties.
- Shallow fry the patties until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
To Assemble the Burgers
- We start with a burger bun, of course. Cut it into half. Hopefully you can do a better job of cutting it evenly than I did.
- Grab a box of baby greens or any lettuce
- Lay it out on the lower half of the burger bun.
- Top it off with some shredded cheddar cheese or one cheese slice.
- Take one vegetable patty and place it on the cheese and greens, pressing down gently without crumbling it.
- Spread some mayo over this
- Next, layer onion rings and tomato slices over this
- Now bring in the other half of the burger, place it on the pile and press down gently.
- You can use a toothpick inserted through the center to hold it all together. Serve when the patty is still warm.
TH: “Err.. that’s a lot of stuff just to make us two burger meals each”.
Nags: “You want it or not?”
TH: “I do, I do! Ok, let’s get started”
Step by Step Vegetable Burger Recipe
First, boil all the vegetables, except onion, until soft. Pressure cooking them for about 2 whistles should do the trick.
Mash up the potato real nice. Cut the other vegetables into tiny pieces. Mix in salt, jeera, green chillies/red chilli powder, chopped coriander leaves and the masala powder. Shape into large patties.
Shallow fry the patties until golden brown on both sides. Set aside.
Now comes the bit where we assemble the vegetable burgers.
We start with a burger bun, of course.
Cut it into half. Hopefully you can do a better job of cutting it evenly than I did.
Grab the box of baby greens or any lettuce you have in the fridge.
Lay it out on the lower half of the burger bun.
Top it off with some shredded cheddar cheese or one cheese slice. This is beginning to get yummier, eh?
Take one vegetable patty and place it on the cheese and greens, pressing down gently without crumbling it.
Spread some mayo over this. Between you and me, I ran out of mayo so I used thousand island dressing here. Use whatever you fancy, it’s your burger.
Onion rings are next. Aren’t they pretty?
Tomatoes. TH’s burger has an extra slice and mine has just one because raw tomato really doesn’t do it for me.
Now bring in the other half of the burger, place it on the pile and press down gently. You can use a toothpick inserted through the center to hold it all together. We didn’t really do all that. Just bite, chomp, gulp and go for the next bite if you’re anything like us.
If you feel there is no burger experience without French fries, quickly make some. All you need to do is peel and slice potatoes into long thin slices. Mix in some salt.
Deep fry in oil.
There you go, a homemade vegetarian burger mea
TH: “I think we should make this a monthly regular like our Pizza Friday”
Nags: “Sure! Now that you know how it’s done, go ahead. The kitchen is all yours”
TH: “Errr.. gulp.. o..k”
For vegetable burger recipe in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Marathi, Urdu etc please use the Google translate button in the sidebar.
Very good break fast .
i was so hungry by seeing ur food so cool u r
and so easy and snapshots r really helpful keep it up 🙂
gonna try it for sure
Hello… Can we bake the patties in the over instead of shallow frying them?
probably, i haven;t tried that. i'd spray it with some oil before baking though otherwise the patties may dry out. let me know if you try baking the patties for your hamburger 🙂
Sure… Will try this weekend!! Thanks for the reply..
Any ideas on how to have melted cheese in this burger? Is it ok to grill the burger with lettuce in it?
you can toast the buns lightly if you want and stack up the cheese on it next so it melts with the heat.
Thanks! Will try that!
hi nags ! ur dish is very delicious.Each and every step is very clear.i will definetly try it.But plz let me know wat is that mayo(in the 10th picture).Is it available in markets ? how can we prepare at home?
I used thousand island dressing but you can use any store bought mayo. you can also make it at home but i've never tried it.