I’ve been wanting to try some of my own and finally got around to it couple of months back. It’s not a short and easy recipe, let me be honest, but it’s all worth it at the end, trust me.
The first step is to make the aloo paneer koftas so go on ahead and do that, I’ll wait.
Ok now to the gravy to complete the Malai Kofta Recipe.
Malai Kofta Recipe
Preparation time: 20 mins
Cooking time: 1 hour
1 batch of aloo paneer koftas
1 large onion, pureed
1 tomato, pureed
12 cashew nuts, soaked in warm water for 30 mins and ground to a paste
1 tsp of red chilli powder
1 tsp of coriander powder
1/4 tsp of turmeric powder
A generous pinch of hing / asafoetida
1 tbsp of kasuri methi / dried fenugreek leaves
1 tbsp of tomato sauce (optional)
2 tbsp of cream
Salt to taste
2 tbsp of oil
1 tsp of ginger garlic paste
1/2 tsp of jeera / cumin, powdered
1/2 cup of milk
How to Make Malai Kofta Recipe:
1. Heat oil and add the cumin powder. Fry for 5 seconds. Add the tomato and onion puree. Saute for 2-3 mins until the raw smell disappears.
2. Add the chilli powder, coriander powder, salt, turmeric, ginger garlic paste, and hing.
3. Fry for another 2 mins. Now add the kasuri methi and the tomato sauce (if using). Top it off with the ground cashew pate. Mix well and let it cook for 5 mins on low flame.
4. Add the milk. Bring to boil and simmer for a minute.
5. Finally add the cream and mix well. Test for salt.
6. Gently drop in the koftas and cover with the sauce. Turn off fire and let it sit for some time for the gravy to soak through.
Serve with warm jeera rice or rotis, with a garnish of grated paneer or fresh coriander leaves. I
– If you prefer a white base for your malai kofta, skip the tomato and tomato sauce and add more cream and cashew paste.
– Some prefer to omit the onion, and that’s fine too but I feel like it gives the gravy a nice base. I also wanted to avoid using too much cream.
Tried this dish… It was awesome… Thank you for this simple and easy to make recipe
The pics looks delicious.
I would like to try.How many people can this serve to? I have a family of 8 and wanted to know the approximate amount of ingredients to be taken.
Tia, this quantity can serve 4.
Mmmmmmm! I will certainly try this out. Family willing or not.
Rich and yum gravy
Too good. bookmarked !!
i had oats in my bfast and now u make me read this 🙁
Just looks awesome……very nice pics….. yum n delicious!
Love the recipe and it looks awesome. This is one dish I prefer making at home, the ones in restaurants are just too heavy and kind of sweet. Would love to try this.
Very, very delicious, and always a hit in parties..
Loved the recipe and obviously the snaps too 🙂