Eggless brownie recipe – I like brownies no matter what texture or form they come in. I’ve tried them all – chewy, cake-y, sponge-y, moist, dense, light, you name it. One of my favourite kinds to make at home is the softer cake-like brownies. I usually use my easy basic brownie recipe with different variations when I bake brownies at home but a couple of months back, I needed to bake some eggless brownies for a friend. A quick search brought me to this wonderful recipe, truly no-fail and super easy to make. Thank you Radhika!
Since my oven has hotspots, I usually cover my baking tray loosely with some aluminium foil and leave a small slit on top. I did the same while baking these brownies and feel that it made the top a bit too moist and more cake-like, without that crinkly cracked top usually found on brownies. Fret not! They tasted great and much like brownies!
This is yet another eggless brownie recipe you can adapt to your heart’s content. Add some chopped walnuts or other nuts, throw in some chocolate chips, add some chocolate ganache on top and make it richer, go crazy! I just chose to add some chopped walnuts on top for texture, packed them up to give away, and these eggless brownies were good to go!
Other Brownie Recipes you may like:
Plain Chocolate Brownies (with egg)
Katherine Hepburn Brownies
Triple Chocolate Brownies
Eggless Biscuit Brownies (no oven or baking needed)
Eggless Brownie Recipe
- 1 cup of all-purpose flour or maida
- 1/2 cup of cocoa powder
- 3/4 cup + 2 tbsp of powdered sugar measure after powdering
- 1 tsp of baking soda soda bi carb
- A pinch of salt
- 1/3 cup of oil I used vegetable oil
- 1 cup of milk
- 1 tsp of vinegar
- 1/2 tsp of instant coffee powder
- 1/2 tsp of vanilla extract
- A fistful of walnuts chopped
- Pre-heat oven to 350F / 180C.
- Mix the milk at room temperature with the vinegar and set aside (Side-note: if a recipe calls for buttermilk and you don't have any in hand, this milk + vinegar mixture acts as a great substitute for buttermilk)
- In a bowl, sift together the flour, soda, cocoa powder, coffee powder, and salt. Mix the powdered sugar with this and stir well to combine
- Mix the oil and vanilla to the milk + vinegar mixture that's been set aside
- Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and gently fold to combine until there are no more streaks of flour left
- Transfer the batter to a greased 8x8 pan and add chopped walnuts on top
- Bake for 25-30 mins until a skewer inserted into the brownie comes out with crumbs
- Let the baked brownies sit in the pan and cool completely before you cut into squares
- Keeps well for up to 2 days outside or 4 days refrigerated
Step by Step Eggless Brownie Recipe
Pre-heat oven to 350F / 180C.
Mix the milk at room temperature with the vinegar and set aside
In a bowl, sift together the flour, soda powder, cocoa powder, coffee powder, and salt.
Mix the powdered sugar with this and stir well to combine
Mix the oil and vanilla to the milk + vinegar mixture that’s been set aside
Now add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients
Gently fold to combine until there are no more streaks of flour left
Transfer the batter to a greased 8×8 pan and add chopped walnuts on top (I didn’t use any for the step by step photos)
Bake for 25-30 mins until a skewer inserted into the brownie comes out with crumbs
Let the baked brownies sit in the pan and cool completely before you cut into squares. Keeps well for up to 2 days outside or 4 days refrigerated
- You can add chocolate chips, caramel chips, chocolate chunks, other nuts, pretty much anything you prefer to change up the flavour of the brownies
- Adding a layer of chocolate ganache would really fancy up the brownies
- You can replace the oil with melted butter
- You can replace the milk+vinegar mixture with buttermilk
For eggless brownie recipe in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, Kannada, etc please use the Google translate button in the sidebar.
Can i use 6×6 ” tin and do the half the measurements of the ingredient ….
It will do well ? Plz suggest ..
I want 6 square pecies ..?
yes you can try that
Can atta be used in place of maida in this recipe?
You can try, texture won’t be the same
Brownies were perfect! I would highly recommend this recipe.
Ur recipe luks super nice
But i have query
I want to add mashed banana
Wht shld i do !!!!
Hi I like this recipe a lot but before trying it I want to ask you can I serve it with hot chocolate sauce ?
Loved it tried today, came out well, didn’t have a square vessel, so made it in my cake tin