Curry leaves pakoda recipe – Curry leaves end up being this ingredient you add for flavour and discard while eating but this curry leaves pakoda gives this herb what it deserves, a true seat at the table. A fabulous evening snack with loads of flavour, go grab some fresh curry leaves and make some right away.
I can’t believe it’s been this long since I shared a recipe here. Time has flown and has stood still for us and it’s strange, it’s new, and it’s still great.
Sameera is almost 5 months old and I have been so engrossed in being a new mom that everything, including cooking and blogging, has taken a backseat. In fact, I haven’t entered the kitchen to cook in over 5 months now!
This is also the longest “break” I have taken from work in over 12 years and being home through the day was both boring and exhilarating. The biggest bonus is all the snacks our new helper has been churning up. She’s a great cook and this curry leaves pakoda recipe is her idea.
Fresh curry leaves are a must so if you don’t have some handy, I’d say skip making this until you can get some. They also need to have the stalks on for you to be able to dip the curry leaves in the batter and get some yummy pakodas going.
The batter itself is quite customisable based on what you prefer. We loved the addition of ajwain in this but keep it light so that the curry leave flavour will dominate the pakoda.
Serve this crunchy and delicious snack with some hot tea (or coffee if that’s your thing) and watch the evening go by. Bliss!
For other snack ideas to rock your world, check out quick and easy snacks under 15 minutes. You may also love this arbi tikki recipe, sev chaat because who doesn’t love a good chaat recipe, and bhel puri, of course!
Curry Leaves Pakoda Recipe
- 10-12 fresh curry leaves on stalk
- 1/2 cup besan gram flour / kadalai maavu
- 1/4 tsp red chilli powder adjust to taste
- 1/4 tsp freshly pounded coriander seeds
- 1/4 tsp cumin seeds
- A pinch of baking soda
- Salt to taste
- Water as needed
- Oil for deep frying
- Wash and pat dry the curry leaves with a kitchen towel
- Using a pestle and mortar or a spice grinder, coarsely grind or pound the coriander leaves
- Mix together in a bowl - besan, coriander seeds, chilli powder, and salt
- Add enough water to make a thick batter and mix thoroughly
- Heat oil to smoking point
- Add the baking soda to pakoda batter and mix again
- Dip each stalk of curry leaves into the batter and drop into the hot oil
- Fry until golden brown
- Drain onto plates lined with kitchen towel and continue with the remaining curry leaf stalks
- Serve hot with coffee or tea
Step by Step Curry Leaves Pakoda Recipe
Wash and pat dry the curry leaves with a kitchen towel
Using a pestle and mortar or a spice grinder, coarsely grind or pound the coriander leaves
Mix together in a bowl – besan, coriander seeds, chilli powder, and salt
Add enough water to make a thick batter and mix thoroughly
Heat oil to smoking point. Add the baking soda to pakoda batter and mix again
Dip each stalk of curry leaves into the batter until well coated
Drop carefully into the hot oil
Fry until golden brown
Drain onto plates lined with kitchen towel and continue with the remaining curry leaf stalks. Serve hot with coffee or tea
For curry leaves pakoda recipe in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Urdu, etc please use the Google translate button in the sidebar.