Cheese omelet recipe – I mean, is this even worth doing a full recipe post on? Why not, I ask! I am pretty certain there are as many ways to make cheese omelet as there are kitchens in the world so here’s my little recipe I am throwing out there.
Cheese omelet makes a wonderful breakfast recipe for when you have guests or when you need to get out the door as quickly as possible in the mornings. For days I have no time or inspiration, this is my go to recipe.
Usually, the ingredients for a cheese omelet are lying around in your pantry anyway.
Here’s another favourite egg recipes of ours – Egg curry in coconut milk
Cheese Omelet Recipe
- 4 eggs
- 1/4 cup of minced onions
- 1/8 tsp of salt adjust to taste
- 1/2 tsp of black pepper powder
- 1/2 cup of grated cheese – I use a mix of cheddar and mozzarella
- 1 tsp oil
- Break the eggs into a bowl and whisk for a few seconds with a mini whisk or a fork to aerate them. Add the salt, pepper, and onions to the mixture and mix again.
- Heat a small non-stick pan and add half the oil. Gently pour half the egg mixture to the pan. Make sure the heat is low.
- Cover and cook for a minute. The sides of the omelet will start to curl up and the centre should be mostly cooked yet still a bit runny. Sprinkle half the cheese to one side of the omelet.
- Gently fold in from the other side and let it sit for about 15 seconds. This will help the cheese melt. Melted cheese is always a good thing – always!
- Serve hot with some sriracha sauce – that’s our favourite combination – and some fruits on the side.