Delicious brownie recipe for twix bar brownies
Have you ever tasted brownies from Brownie Cottage in Hyderabad? They have an outlet in GVK mall in the movie theaters there. I tasted their After 8 Mint Brownies and fell in love with them. They also had various other candie bar brownies so here’s my attempt at recreating one of them.
The caramel in the twix bars becomes more chewy and the biscuit retains in crunch. It’s heavenly!
What a fantastic idea to add one of my favourite chocolate bars, Twix, to a brownie! Looking for more brownie action? Check out these brownies with atta, chewy brownie recipe, and chocolate cookie brownies.
Twix Candy Bar Brownies
Adapted from: Recipe Girl
Makes 12 large pieces
1 cup unsalted butter at room temperature
3 oz / 1/2 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips or chopped semi-sweet chocolate
6 oz unsweetened chocolate, chopped
1 tsp instant coffee powder
2 tsp vanilla extract
1 cup granulated sugar (regular white sugar)
1/2 cup + 1 tbsp cups all-purpose flour
1/2 tbsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
2 twix bars (singles) chopped into 1/2″ pieces (chill before cutting)
1. Preheat oven to 350°F / 180C. Grease an 8″ brownie / cake pan and set aside.
2. In a pan set over another pan of boiling water, melt both the chocolates and butter together until smooth and glossy. Let cool slightly.
3. In a large bowl, whisk together the eggs, coffee powder, vanilla and sugar. Stir the egg mixture into the slightly cooled chocolate mixture. Cool to room temperature.
4. In a medium bowl, sift together flour, baking powder, and salt; add to batter. Stir chopped Twix bars into chocolate mixture. Then pour into prepared baking pan and smooth top with a rubber spatula. You can reserve some slices and place on top too.
5. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes, or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean with a few crumbs attached; do not over bake! Let cool completely, then cover tightly and chill overnight. Chilled brownies are easier to cut and they actually taste better the next day.
These makes great gifts for a kid’s birthday party or generally just bake them for friends and bask in their chocolate-y gratitude 🙂
Yummm!! I love twix too, but my fav is Nestle Lion Bar. I think I will try this with the lion bar chocolates:-) http://www.amazon.com/Nestle-Lion-Bar-6-Pack/dp/B000FNJO6S ~Shreya
landed on this beautiful site via the Indibloggers link.
wondering what is more attractive, the food photos or the contents. But my kid liked the photos very much