Sev chaat recipe – learn how to make a super quick and simple sev chaat that’s perfect to make in large batches for parties or even a large group of friends visiting. I tried this first at my friend Nithya’s place and loved the taste and simplicity. You can prepare the ingredients and keep it ready for a final mix-and-serve situation once your guests are just in the door.
I’ve tried this sev chaat with a few different varieties of store-bought sev. These pictures show the thicker version from Haldirams which are great since they hold the crunch for a while even after being mixed with the moist ingredients. However, my favourite was the nylon sev that the in-laws got from Sri Mithai in Chennai. The sev is excellent quality and the sev chaat tastes wonderful with the smaller version of sev, in my humble opinion. Grab whatever you have available and go for it, there’s no way this sev chaat can taste bad.
Other chaat recipes we make often and love:
Alright then, on to the recipe for sev chaat now.
- 4 cups sev
- ½ cup finely chopped onions
- ½ cup finely chopped tomatoes, seeds removed
- ¼ cup finely chopped green capsicum (bell pepper)
- 2 tbsp minced coriander leaves
- ½ tsp chaat masala (adjust to taste)
- 1 tsp finely chopped green chillies (adjust to taste)
- 1-2 tbsp lemon juice
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of sugar (optional)
- Prepare the vegetables in advance by chopping and setting aside. You can even do this a few hours in advance by refrigerating them until needed
- When ready to serve, place the sev in a wide bowl
- Add all the ingredients and give it a good stir
- Taste and adjust lemon juice, salt, chaat masala, etc as needed
- Serve immediately
Step by Step Sev Chaat Recipe
Prepare the vegetables in advance by chopping and setting aside. You can even do this a few hours in advance by refrigerating them until needed
When ready to serve, place the sev or bhujia in a wide bowl
Add all the ingredients and give it a good stir
Taste and adjust lemon juice, salt, chaat masala, etc as needed
For sev chaat recipe in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Kannada, Urdu, etc please use the Google Translate button in the sidebar.