Most people said this or a variation of this – “I tried your paneer butter masala recipe today. It came out nicely, I did everything you mentioned but it didn’t come out like the one we had in that North Indian restaurant last weekend and my husband/wife/mom/dad/sibling loved! Help!”
PANEER BUTTER MASALA: RESTAURANT-STYLE RECIPE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
2 cups of cubed paneer or tofu
1 cup of sliced onions
2 tsp of ginger garlic paste
1 tbsp of coriander powder
1 tsp of garam masala
1 tsp of red chilli powder (adjust to your taste)
1 tbsp of canned tomato paste (or 1 cup tomato puree)
2 tsp of tomato ketchup
1 large pinch kasuri methi
3/4 cup of milk
3/4 cup of cream
2 tbsp of butter or oil
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the paneer/tofu cubes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 more tbsp oil and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Next, add the dhania, garam masala, chilli powder and some salt. Fry for 30 seconds.
- To this, add the tomato paste/puree, tomato sauce and kasuri methi. Mix well and add the milk.
- Lower fire and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Open lid, add the fried paneer/tofu and the cream. Mix well and simmer for 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with nan, roti, pulao, or jeera rice
Step by Step Pictures to make Paneer Butter Masala
To this, add 1 tbsp dhania powder/malli podi, 1 tsp chilli powder, 1 tsp garam masala and 1/2 tsp salt. Fry for 30 seconds until the masalas are well combined.
Meanwhile, bring out the secret ingredient for making restaurant-style paneer butter masala (or any Indian curry for that matter). CREAM!
For Paneer Butter Masala recipe in Hindi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu, please use the Google Translate button on the top right of this website.