The potatoes came out quite well and though TH would have preferred it with normal potatoes, I enjoyed the subtle sweet flavour and contrasting heat form the chillies. I also loved the fact that it requires very little time to prepare and most of the work is done by the oven anyway! We had it as a quick snack at about 6 in the evening but next time I want to try this with russet potatoes and serve with dinner.
Oven-Baked Sweet Potato Fries Recipe
From Country Living
What I Used:
Sweet potatoes – 3 (about 300gm)
Red chilly flakes – 1.5 tbsp
Cumin / jeera powder – 1 tsp (optional)
Olive oil – 1 tbsp
Salt – to taste
How I Made It:
1. Cut the sweet potatoes length-wise and then into 3″ long pieces/wedges. Transfer to a bowl.
2. Add the olive oil, salt, chillies and cumin to the sweet potatoes and mix well until the pieces are well coated.
3. Preheat the oven to 200 degree C (about 400F). Line a tray with a baking sheet and lay out the potato pieces in one layer without any overlap. Bake until the edges are crisp and the pieces are cooked. Took about 30 mins for me.
– You can follow the same recipe with russet potatoes as well.
– Substitute the cumin with any dried herbs for a different flavour.