I always feel inadequate when I need to bake anything. Mainly because I have an OTG without temperature control and just 2 baking dishes in which nothing except a cake can be made. I don’t have muffin trays or pie dishes or even cookie cutters. I normall make round-shaped cookies by patting them into shape with my hands. But if I need anything heart-shaped, that’s a different story, right?
But I used my hands again! Its crude, its far from perfect, but its still a heart!
Heart-Shaped Shortbread Cookies for your Valentine
Makes a dozen cookies
What I Used:
Flour – 1 cup
Unsalted butter – 1/2 cup and a little more
Powdered sugar – 1/2 cup (measure after powdering)
Salt – one pinch
Vanilla extract – 1/2 tsp
How I Made Them:
1. Mix the flour and salt well and keep aside.
2. Cream the butter well and mix in the sugar. Cream further until it has dissolved in the butter.
3. Add the vanilla and mix well.
4. Gently fold in the flour and make into a soft dough. Refrigerate cling-wrapped, for an hour.
5. Gently roll the dough and cut into desired shape. I make small balls and made the heart shape with my hands 🙂
6. Bake in a 180C pre-heated oven for 10-12 minutes.
Share with your valentine while still warm and get ready for the compliments 🙂