I also love my baked goodies but I want them quick and I want them good. So explains why I made these delicious truffles which are basically cheesecake bites coated in chocolate. Doesn’t get more delicious than that! If you like the combination of chocolate and cheesecake, you may also like this cookies and cream cheesecake recipe that’s no-bake, and eggless.
These is not a cheesecake in the conventional sense of course but make a great quick dessert to make for a small group of friends or a party. You can make these truffles ahead of time and bring them out just before serving so they soften up perfectly and are delicious.
The recipe is from one of my favourite baking books – A Passion for Baking by Marcy Goldman!
Makes 20 small truffles
For Cheesecake Batter:
250gm cream cheese (about half a pound), softened at room temp
1/2 cup sugar (or a little less)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/3 cup whipping cream (or normal cream)
Small pinch of salt
For Dipping Chocolate:
8 ounces of semi sweet or milk chocolate, melted
1. Pre-heat oven to 350F. Line a brownie pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. Whisk together all the ingredients for the cheesecake. Isn’t that gorgeously simple?!
3. Bake for about 35-40 mins until the cake is spongy but doesn’t dry and curl in from the sides.
4. Cool completely and don’t poke it with your fingers like I did.
5. Using small cookie cutters or ice cream scoop, make small pieces of the cheesecake.
6. Oh by the way, don’t forget to melt the chocolate and set aside to cool.
7. Dip the cheesecake pieces into the melted and cooled chocolate and transfer to a plate lined with parchment paper or a baking sheet (so that it doesn’t stick to the plate). You can also try using a greased plate for this in case you don’t have parchment paper.
8. Don’t worry if it doesn’t look that glam because the chocolate is dripping around the cheesecake pieces. Trust me and stick the plate into your freezer for about 2 hours.
Need I say again that this is the most easy and quick cheesecake recipe I have seen? Once the cheesecake was done, it tasted so good as is (yes of course I tried it) so I am thinking of using a crush and the same cheesecake recipe to bake up a good ‘ol proper cheesecake. Will let you know how that comes out, ok? Meanwhile, do yourself a favour and go bake this! Your family and guests will be wow’ed, guaranteed 😉
PS: you can dress these up by drizzling some melted white chocolate over the truffles, like you see in the book. I didn’t have any white chocolate handy.
PPS: Marcy says chocolate chips won’t work in this recipe. So to make the dipping chocolate for the cheesecake truffles, use chocolate bars.