Chocolate chip cookie in a cup. In one minute. Made in the microwave. Delicious. That’s really all I need to say about this awesome recipe but I will talk a bit more because, you know, I love to talk! So yes, this cookie thing in a cup is fabulous you guys. Remember the 5-minute chocolate mug cake recipe? Well, this is even better. The texture is that of a soft cookie and it’s really hard to mess it up so great results are guaranteed.
See what I mean? I took the picture of the cookie above after it had cooled down completely and it still remained soft and scoop-able, yet had the consistency of a chocolate chip cookie. You can customize this recipe many different ways but let’s all take a moment and thank this day and age when making a cookie in a cup in one minute in a microwave is not only possible, but gets us amazing results.
Now, what’s keeping you? Go grab a cup or mug and go make yourself a cookie immediately. You can then come back and thank me 🙂
Looking for super quick dessert recipe ideas? Check out this microwave mug cake recipe, 10-min palkova recipe, 15-min apple kheer recipe, or maybe a refreshing fruit salad with custard recipe for summer is more like it?
1-MIN MICROWAVE CHOCOLATE CHIP COOKIE RECIPE
Preparation time: 5 minutes
Cooking time: 1 minute
Recipe source: number 2 pencil
1 tbsp butter
1 tbsp white sugar
1 tbsp brown sugar, firmly packed (press down into the measuring spoon after scooping)
2 drops of vanilla extract
A pinch of salt
1 egg yolk (separate the egg whites from yolk)
2 heaping tbsp of plain flour
2 tbsp chocolate chips
1. Add 1 tbsp butter to a microwave-safe cup or mug and microwave for 10 seconds until it melts. No need to heat or boil, just make sure it’s melted.
2. Add the 1 tbsp white sugar, 1 tbsp brown sugar, pinch of salt, and 2 drops vanilla to this. Mix well.
3. Separate an egg and add just the egg yolk to the above. Mix well to combine.
4. Add the 2 heaping tbsp of flour and mix until no streaks of flour remain. The mixture will be fairly thick.
5. Add the 2 tbsp chocolate chips to this and fold until well combined. I added some more chips on top to make the cookie look pretty when done.
6. Microwave on high (mine is a 1100W microwave) for 45-50 seconds. I stopped at 45 seconds and that was perfect. The top will still be a bit fudgy but remember that the cookie will continue to cook after you take it out.
That’s it! Scoop out with a spoon and enjoy. If you have vanilla ice cream lying around in your freezer, add a small scoop to this and you have yourself a great dessert. It’s also a nice idea to serve this to guests if you are hosting a small party. Microwave individual portions of cookie, add some ice-cream on top, and serve as is. They’re sure to be impressed 🙂
Note: I haven’t tried any other variations of this recipe so I am not sure the best way to make this recipe eggless, etc. You can try the usual substitutes like yogurt or flax seed meal, I just haven’t done so yet. The egg yolk adds the creaminess and moisture to this recipe so if you do eat eggs, I urge you to try the recipe without any changes.
Here’s the step by step picture collage to prepare microwave chocolate chip cookie which you can pin for later reference.
Let me know if you try this microwave chocolate cookie in a cup recipe, won’t you?