A chocolate cake you can make in the microwave in a mug in 5 minutes. Dangerously delicious and perfect to take care of those cravings that hit at the oddest hours.
- 4 tablespoon flour
- 5 tablespoon sugar (white or brown)
- 2 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 egg
- 3 tablespoons milk (any milk will do)
- 3 tablespoons butter (or any neutral oil)
- A pinch of salt (if using unsalted butter)
- 2 drops of vanilla extract (optional)
- Grab two microwave-safe coffee mugs that can hold about 250 ml liquid
- Halve the quantity of flour, cocoa, baking powder, salt and sugar and add into each mug.
- Mix well with a fork.
- Then halve the quantity of milk, butter, and vanilla and add into each mug.
- Break egg into another small bowl, whisk with a fork, and add half of it into each mug.
- Stir well until all the ingredients mix well. Make sure there is no flour stuck to the bottom of the mug.
- Add one mug at a time to the microwave and cook on medium heat for 2 mins.
- Every microwave acts differently and mine is a very basic one with just two knobs, one for heat level (low, medium, high) and one for time. I kept mine on medium and set each mug at 2 minutes. The cake turned out perfect.
- If your microwave can show power levels, etc, keep it at medium and start with 2 minutes.
- You can adjust it once you take a look at your cooked cake.