Chicken meatballs recipe – A classic favourite with an Indian twist, these chicken meatballs are baked and include some super food spices too.
- 350 grams minced chicken (I use free-range, hormone-free chicken from Sasha’s Fine Foods)
- 1 egg
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs (I make my own – please see notes below)
- 1/2 cup grated Parmesan
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- black pepper to taste
- 1 teaspoon garam masala
- 1/4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- Pre-heat oven to 200C
- Add all ingredients into a large bowl
- Bring together gently with wert fingertips
- Make into balls and place on a greased baking tray (I spray or spread generously with olive oil)
- Bake for 15-20 minutes
- The bottom may be darker than the top and that’s fine. Remove and cool completely before freezing, if you choose to do so
- The meatballs can also be made with minced turkey
- Adjust all seasoning to taste
- To reheat frozen meatballs, thaw for 30 minutes and pan fry with a few drops of oil. I find that microwaving makes them dry and rubbery so avoid this. You can also directly add frozen meatballs to pasta sauce while cooking. I also do the same with rice porridge.
- I have made variations with shredded vegetables added like carrot, cabbage, broccoli, etc. A great way to sneak in vegetables!
- You can use freshly minced onion and garlic too but that would add more moisture to the chicken mix so compensate with more breadcrumbs as needed
Keywords: chicken meatballs recipe