If you have dosa batter and some vegetables handy, this doesn’t take more than 20 mins to put together and spring roll dosa makes a great and novel after-school snack for kids. It’s filling without being too heavy and all you need to serve it up is some ketchup or chutney.
|Spring Roll Dosa with Red Coconut Chutney|
I cut up the spring roll dosa just like spring rolls and served with red coconut chutney but you can serve it as a single dosa on its own or with ketchup, which kids will surely love. Oh, who am I kidding? I love ketchup too!
So whip up this quick and easy dosa and get ready for the wows and compliments!
Sidenote: In case you are looking for the fried vegetable spring roll recipe, I didn’t want to disappoint you.
VEGETABLE SPRING ROLL DOSA RECIPE
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15 minutes
Makes 4 dosas
Recipe idea: Dosa Plaza, Coimbatore
4 cups of dosa batter (also known as 2 day old idli batter)
2 cups of mixed vegetables (carrots, beans, cabbage, spring onions, capsicum), julienned
1 tsp of minced garlic
1 tsp of pepper powder
1 tsp of chilli sauce
1/2 tsp of soya sauce
2 tsp of oil
1/2 cup of sliced onions
How to Make Spring Roll Dosa:
To Make the Filling:
1. Heat oil and saute the onions and garlic together until the onions turn soft.
2. Add the mixed vegetables and saute until they turn soft and have cooked through – will take about 12 mins or so.
3. Next, add the chilli sauce and soya sauce. Saute for a few more mins.
That’s it. The filling for our spring roll dosa is ready.
To make the dosa:
1. Heat a pan and grease with oil. Add about 3/4 cup of dosa batter and spread into a thick-ish dosa. Don’t make it too thin because that would make the dosa crisp and it’ll break as you roll the dosa.
2. Drizzle a few drops of oil and cook covered on a low flame until the top of the dosa is cooked.
3. Layer some of the spring roll filling in a line in the centre of the dosa
4. Gently fold from both sides into a roll.
5. Transfer to a plate and proceed with the rest of the dosas until done
Optional: run a pizza cutter through the dosas diagonally and slice into pieces
Serve the veg spring roll dosa hot and immediately