A buttery and flaky almond cardamom cookie recipe with no eggs. Perfect with tea or coffee or as a snack for your kids.
1.5 cups whole wheat flour / atta
3/4 cup sugar (powder coarsely if using regular white sugar)
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/2 cup sliced almonds
3/4 tsp green cardamom seed coarsely powdered
3/4 cup unsalted butter, softened to room temperature
2–3 tablespoons of milk (only if you need it)
1. Pre-heat oven to 360F / 180C. Click here to see how to preheat an oven.
3. Next add soft butter (and milk if needed) to the flour mixture to make dough. Dough should be very soft.
4. Divide the dough into about 32 equal parts and make them into balls.
5. Press each ball between your palms lightly; every piece should be about 1/2” in thickness.
6. Place the dough balls on an non-greased cookie sheet or parchment paper about an inch apart.
7. Bake the cookies for about 18 minutes or until cookies are lightly gold brown. After they become lightly golden brown remove the cookie sheet from the oven.
8. Let the cookies cool down for two to three minutes before taking them off the cookie sheet.
9. Store in airtight containers for up to a week.
- Make sure that the butter is completely soft and at room temperature, otherwise you will get crumbly dough when you mix and end up adding more milk than necessary, which will make the baked cookies more crackly and hard.
- I made 1.5 times the original recipe and got 30 medium-sized cookies
- You can lessen the amount of sugar a bit if you’d like, they will still turn out sweet enough I feel. That will make them perfect with coffee/tea.
- The flavour of the cardamom is amazing so don’t hold back on them.