A fresh basil pesto recipe with basil leaves, parmesan cheese, and olive oil. Perfect to add to pasta!
- 4 cups fresh basil leaves
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tsp minced fresh garlic
- 1/3 cup pine nuts
- 1/2 to 1 tsp freshly ground black pepper
- Salt to taste
- Add all ingredients into a food processor or mixie jar
- Pulse until combined and keep grinding to desired consistency
- Refrigerate up to 4 days or so tastes best fresh!
You can replace pine nuts in basil pesto with walnuts, cashew nuts, or any other nuts you have in hand.