Paneer butter masala restaurant-style recipe, step by step, using fresh paneer (or replace with tofu) and cream with other spices. A perfect, rich, decadent side dish for weekends and special occasions.
- 2 cups of cubed paneer or tofu
- 1 cup of sliced onions
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1 tsp of garam masala
- 1/2 tsp of red chilli powder (adjust to your taste)
- 1 tablespoon of canned tomato paste (or 1 cup of fresh tomato puree)
- 2 tsp of tomato ketchup
- 1 large pinch kasuri methi (dry fenugreek leaves)
- 3/4 cup of milk
- 3/4 cup of cream
- 2 tbsp of butter or oil
- Heat 2 tbsp oil in a pan and fry the paneer/tofu cubes until golden brown. Drain and set aside.
- In the same pan, add 1 more tbsp oil and fry the onions until golden brown.
- Add the ginger garlic paste and fry for a minute.
- Next, add the dhania, garam masala, chilli powder and some salt. Fry for 30 seconds.
- To this, add the tomato paste/puree, tomato sauce and kasuri methi. Mix well and add the milk.
- Lower fire and cook covered for 5 mins.
- Open lid, add the fried paneer/tofu and the cream. Mix well and simmer for 3-4 mins.
- Garnish with fresh coriander leaves and serve hot with nan, roti, pulao, or jeera rice