What I Used:
(Makes about 16 cupcakes)
Butter – 1/2 cup, at room temperature
All purpose flour / maida – 1 3/4 cups
Powdered sugar 1 cup (measure after powdering)
Egg – 1
Milk – 3/4 cup, at room temperature
Baking powder – 1 tsp
Vanilla essence – 1 tsp
How I Made It:
1. Pre-heat oven to 375 degrees.
2. Cream butter and sugar together until nicely mixed.
3. Use a fork and whisk the egg for about 10-15 minutes. The more you beat, the softer the cupcakes turn out. I lose patience at the end of 15 mins or so.
4. Sift the flour, baking powder and salt until blended well. I didn’t have a sieve until recently so before that, I just used to put the dry ingredients in a bowl and mix thoroughly.
5. Once the flour mixture is well blended, add to the butter-sugar mixure.
6. Mix well, in one direction. Then add the beaten egg and milk little by little making sure the batter is nicely blended. You don’t need to eccessively mix at this time, just make sure the ingredients are blended.
7. Once the milk and egg have been completely added, mix in the vanilla essense.
8. Grease a muffin tray or line it with muffin paper cups. Pour batter 2/3 of the way.
9. Bake in a 375 degrees oven for about 20-25 mins until a toothpick inserted in the center of the cupcakes comes out clean.
– In case you don’t have a muffin tray, you can use a regular cake try to make a normal cake.
– This recipe, with a little less sugar can be used to make layered cakes with frosting in the middle.