Now onto the corn-peas-tomato salad.
Serves 2 (on the side)
Boiled Corn kernels – 1 cup
Boiled peas – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped onions – 1/2 cup
Finely chopped tomatoes – 1/2 cup
Minced garlic – 1/4 tsp (1-2 cloves)
Pepper powder – 1/2 tsp (I used white)
Lime juice – 1 tbsp (or to taste)
Salt – to taste
How I Made It:
1. Mix the salt, garlic and pepper with the lime juice.
2. Mix all the veggies well and add the above lime juice mixture 10 minutes before serving.
– I sometimes mix this with plain steamed rice and serve it as a rice dish. It looks colorful and is a welcome change from just plain rice.
– This salad is also good for making rolls with chapatis. To hold the salad together, you can add some light mayonnaise.
– You may also like my Pear-Apple Salad with Honey Dressing.