Anyway, I am trying revive myself out of the hiatus with this quickie cauliflower peas recipes.
Gobi Peas Masala Recipe
Cauliflower – one medium, chopped into fine pieces
Peas – 1/2 cup
Onions – 2 large
Tomatoes – 2
Ginger garlic paste – 2 tbsp
Green chillies – 4
Chicken masala – 2 tbsp
Chilly powder – 2 tsp
Turmeric – 1/4 tsp
Oil – 3 tbsp
Salt – to taste
1. Saute the onions in the oil, with some added salt, till golden brown.
2. Add the ginger garlic paste and the masala, along with green chillies. Fry well for 3-4 mins.
3. Next, add the cauliflower, peas and tomatoes and mix well. I like the gobi in small pieces so I chopped it up finely.
4. Add 1/5 cups water and cook closed.
5. Adjust salt to taste. For added taste, also add one pinch sugar.
It tasted fine but lacked the rich colour that I have normally seen in gobi peas masala. Please let me know what you do differently. This was just a quick fix for lunch on Saturday.