While making avial, some raw banana was left over so I quickly made mezhukkupuratti with vazhakka. My roomie finished it off before we even had lunch and she says that’s supposed to be a compliment. Well, I guess so 🙂 Another family favourite of ours is this beans mezhukkupuratti recipe.
Kaya/Raw Banana : one big, cut into long pieces
Garlic paste : 1 tablespoon
Chilli powder : 2 teaspoons
Oil : 2 tablespoons
Salt : to taste
Curry leaves : 1 strand
How to make Kaya Mezhukkupuratti:
1. Add very little water to the cut banana pieces and boil it with lid closed.
2. When the pieces turn soft (will take about 5 minutes), uncover and keep on fire till the water evaporates completely.
3. Heat oil in a pan and crackle the mustard seeds.
4. Lighly saute the garlic paste, chilli powder and curry leaves before adding the banana pieces.
5. Fry till golden brown, add salt and serve hot with rice and sambar.